Next up to close out a hefty year of DJ-Kicks releases is one Daniel Avery, bringing with him two exclusive new tracks and a host of techno heavy goods.
In his own words: “To me, the most appealing thing about electronic music is that it requires time and patience to fully enjoy. It’s about becoming lost in the repetition and the atmosphere. The warmth of the kick drum.
It’s important to remember to take a breath in this world. The studio and the club can offer similar experiences in that regard but it never feel like it’s running away from things. It’s almost the opposite: it’s in those moments where we stop that we can feel the most alive.
We’re constantly being told that modern generations have no attention span but it’s simply not true. There is more out there to distract us but we have not changed as humans. Kids now want to go and listen to a DJ play for ten hours and become locked in their world. A mix CD, like an album, is designed to be listened to from beginning to end. It’s something I still firmly believe in.”
- In Aeternam Vale – Soundscape 1
- Daniel Avery – Sensation (Rrose Remix)
- Shlømo – Vertigo
- Planetary Assault Systems – Dungeon
- Ekserd – Hidden Document II (Svreca Remix)
- BLNDR – Untitled 3 (Modvs Remix)
- Ulwhednar – Stortorget
- Reeko – Capitulo 5
- Artefakt – The Fifth Planet
- Post Scriptum – Donbelief
- JP Enfant – Sirens
- IORI / Rote – Maya / Look In Your Eyes
- Lewis Fautzi – Blood
- Daniel Avery – A Mechanical Sky (DJ-Kicks)
- Slam – Cirklon Bells (Edit Select Remix)
- Daniel Avery – Space Echo