Even the brokenhearted love a good mix contest. We’ve teamed up with the folks at Beatport & Mixcloud to put together a competition for everyone out there whose love affair with the one’s and two’s has been going more smoothly at times than their personal lives. We’re looking for 20-30 minute mixes with that theme in mind, starting and ending with the !K7 track of your choice. The winner will receive a spot in Soul Clap’s excellent podcast series, a $200 voucher to Beatport, Native Instruments Maschine, & more. Submissions have already started rolling in, so get mixing!
- winning mix featured in Soul Clap’s Podcast
- mix a future !K7 compilation to be released on Beatport.com.
- receive a $200 Beatport music voucher.
- receive Native Instrument’s Maschine.
- receive !K7 merchandise.
- Create your best 20-30 minute mixtape for the brokenhearted starting and ending with your favorite !K7 tracks.
- Name your Cloudcast “!K7 & Beatport’s Mixtape for the Brokenhearted Competition”.
- Upload it to Mixcloud and tag it “!K7 And Beatport Competition” – be sure to tag it correctly, otherwise it may get missed.
- Include the competition cover art – click here to download.
- Your entry needs to include a full track list to be considered.
- Deadline: May 10th
- Entrants will be judged on factors including (but not limited to) number of plays, favorites, positive feedback, tune selection, originality, technical ability and overall best reflection of a “mixtape for the brokenhearted”.
- !K7 & Soul Clap will select the final winner to be announced June 1st, 2011.