- Daniel Avery’s Rote Project Premieres A New Track From DJ-Kicks
- Marcel Dettmann Collaborates With Levon Vincent For DJ-Kicks Exclusive Track
- Daniel Avery To Mix Final DJ-Kicks of 2016. Watch The Striking Visuals For A New Ambient Track.
- Stream The Exclusive Album-Closing Rolando Remix of Marcel Dettmann
- Marcel Dettmann To Mix DJ-Kicks, Out October 2016
Tag cloudDisco !K7 Records DJ-Kicks dance music Soul Clap wolf + lamb Dubstep Tour Photek Digitalism Apparat electronic music Maya Jane Coles download Lonely C Deep House Techno Bass John Talabot interview Brandt Brauer Frick Remix Hercules And Love Affair DJ mix Scuba House stream Mix Production news edm downtempo Dance Motor City Drum Ensemble electronic release Berlin !K7 DJ Compilation Free video contest video Exclusive Gold Panda
In addition to three new tracks from Brandt Brauer Frick themselves, the upcoming DJ-Kicks mixed by Berlin’s trio of Daniel Brandt, Jan Brauer and Paul Frick also features several exclusive pieces of music from their extended artistic circle. Which means … read more...
It's official. After an epic year full of amazing mixes, Hercules And Love Affair will be mixing the last DJ-Kicks of 2012. And what a way to go out. Drawing inspiration from his earliest experiences at warehouse parties, the classic sound of 90's house, and even the unique spirituality of the nightclubbing experience, front man Andy Butler has created a timeless mix that pulses with energy and excitement. Hercules And Love Affair's DJ-Kicks will be released October 29th on CD, vinyl, and digital download. Tracklist below. 1. Mankind - Don't Keep Me Waiting 2. Rhythm Mode:D - Can You Feel It (Reach To The Top) 3. Hercules And Love Affair - Release Me (DJ-Kicks) * 4. Fax Yourself - Strut Your Techno Stuff 5. Klubb Kidz - Don't Want To Hurt You (Skool Flava Dub) 6. Solution - Feels So Right 7. DJ Duke Presents Freedom - Love Don't Come Easy (Power Dub) 8. Cloud 9 - Do You Want Me 9. Mark Imperial - The Acieed That Ate New York 10. Inflagranti - Magojiro 11. Haze Factory - A Bit Of Redemption * 12. Fierce Ruling Diva - Allemaal, Allemaal! 13. Jump Chico Slamm - Feel Free 14. Z.A.M. - Africa Freedom (Johannesburg Dub Mix) * = DJ-Kicks Exclusive
We're pretty sure that if the need ever were to arise, A-Trak could always fall back on a career as a writer. From his tour diaries to his writing in the mainstream press, he excels at getting to the heart of the matter, and doing so in an entertaining fashion. It's fitting, then, that his two cents on the Deadmau5 / "All we do is press play" debacle are the first on the subject that we've chosen to share. Check out his thoughtful piece on Huffington Post. A-Track: Don't Push My Buttons
When speaking with Jens Moelle and İsmail Tüfekçi, the two men behind Digitalism, we learned that they're really quite big fans of DJ-Kicks. Perhaps their love of the series explains why they dug so deep for their own mix, blessing us with a heap of exclusive, unreleased Digitalism material, as well as a new edit, a new remix, two "club weapons" which have appeared in their sets for years but have yet to see an official release, and of course a connoisseur's selection of tracks that give a window into their "sonic universe." We thought it was only fair to match the duo's generosity and offer a brand new track to download. Grab "A New Drug" below, and check out the full album tracklist. Digitalism's DJ-Kicks will be available July 10th on CD, LP & digital download, and the group will be touring internationally in support of the release. Tracklist
01. AXEL LE BARON & KURBATOV - MENACE (ORIGINAL MIX) 02. SURRENDER ! - TRAVELLERS (SHAROOZ REMIX) 03. HEY TODAY! - 83 04. ALEX GOPHER - BRAIN LEECH 05. TWR72 - SUMMER 06. DIGITALISM - FALLIN * 07. GAI BARONE - ALICUDI (DIGITALISM ELECTRO CLASH EDIT) * 08. DIGITALISM - SIMPLY DEAD * 09. WHOMADEWHO - THE SUN 10. KÖLSCH - LORELEY 11. GRAUZONE - RAUM (ATA'S EXTENDED MIX) 12. TOMAS BARFOD - CAME TO PARTY 13. DIGITALISM - A NEW DRUG * 14. DIGITALISM - SILENZ * 15. HIROKI ESASHIKA - KAZANE 16. VITALIC - SECOND LIVES 17. DIGITALISM - SO TOTALLY GOOD * 18. HOUSEMEISTER - SOMMER 19. THE RAPTURE - SAIL AWAY (DIGITALISM REMIX) * 20. THE SNEEKERS - TEDDY (ORIGINAL MIX) 21. AUTOTUNE - KEEP IT WRONG 22. DIGITALISM - THE PICTURES * * = DJ-Kicks exclusive LP Tracklist A1. DIGITALISM - FALLING A2. GAI BARONE - ALICUDI (DIGITALISM ELECTRO CLASH EDIT) B1. DIGITALISM - SIMPLY DEAD B2. DIGITALISM - A NEW DRUG C1. DIGITALISM - SO TOTALLY GOOD C2. DIGITALISM - SILENZ D1. THE RAPTURE - SAIL AWAY (DIGITALISM REMIX) D2. DIGITALISM - THE PICTURES
Maya Jane Coles' DJ-Kicks is out this week, and she's still on an incredible run! In the short time since we last touted her accomplishments, she's been named one of five Best New Artists for April by Spin Magazine, and been honored as Artist of the Year by Beatport's staff. All in a month's work, we suppose. We managed to grab some time out of Maya's insane schedule to speak in London about the mix, and her philosophy on making music. Check out the video (directed by Giorgio Gremigni) below, and below that you can grab an exclusive new Maya production from the mix. The whole mix is available from fine retailers worldwide.
One of the most enjoyable parts of assembling the DJ-Kicks series is being able to hear the exclusive new track (or tracks, as the case my be) from the compiling artist. Each new volume contains at least one piece of music not available anywhere else, from the elite list of artists who have contributed to the series. Six years ago, we collected DJ-Kicks tracks from artists including Kruder & Dorfmeister, Carl Craig, Thievery Corporation and others on the first collection of DJ-Kicks Exclusives. In 2012, we'll be collecting exclusive tracks from the most recent mixes, spanning the last five years. The new volume of DJ-Kicks The Exclusives (out in February) will feature music only available on DJ-Kicks mixes from the likes of Gold Panda, Juan MacLean, Four Tet, Hot Chip, and more. Despite the eclectic list of contributing artists, the standard of quality for the music they have made for their mixes speaks for itself, and the tracks complement each other for a cohesive listen in their full un-mixed format. 2012 also marks 27 years of !K7 Records as a company, we we'll be celebrating both the label and the DJ-Kicks series all year long with a series of events, projects, and special promotions. We hope you can join the celebration! Tracklist: 1. Four Tet - Pockets 2. Henrik Schwarz - Imagination Limitation 3. Hot Chip - My Piano 4. Chromeo - I Can’t Tell You Why 5. The Juan MacLean - Feel So Good 6. Holden - Triangle Folds 7. Kode9 - You Don’t Wash (Dub) 8. Apparat - Sayulita 9. Soul Clap - Lonely C feat. Charles Levine 10. Motor City Drum Ensemble - L.O.V.E. 11. Scuba - M.A.R.S. 12. Gold Panda - An Iceberg Hurled Northward Through Clouds 13. Photek & Kuru - Fountainhead