- Matthew Dear’s “Wrong With Us” Is Exactly What We Need Right Now
- Matthew Dear To Mix First DJ-Kicks of 2017
- Hear Daniel Avery’s Huge Exclusive Club Track “A Mechanical Sky”
- Daniel Avery’s Rote Project Premieres A New Track From DJ-Kicks
- Marcel Dettmann Collaborates With Levon Vincent For DJ-Kicks Exclusive Track
Tag cloudelectronic stream downtempo Lonely C !K7 Compilation House interview DJ Brandt Brauer Frick Digitalism !K7 Records Dubstep Maya Jane Coles Deep House video contest Exclusive DJ-Kicks Dance dance music Bass release Mix Tour Free news Techno Production electronic music Apparat John Talabot edm Berlin Motor City Drum Ensemble Hercules And Love Affair Photek video Soul Clap Remix wolf + lamb Scuba Disco Gold Panda DJ mix download
From his forthcoming DJ-Kicks this November, Breach shares his exclusive track "Beroving," which means "deprivation" in Dutch. It's a beautiful, evocative sound from the interface of house and techno, a world away from "Jack," but every bit as good. “Since 'Jack's' blown, I've been gigging so much, just on the road all the time. My life is missing sleep. I'm deprived of making music and being in the studio. I put this mix together and did the track in such a short space of time. I'm deprived of time at the moment so it seemed like a fitting word.”
In advance of his DJ-Kicks' November 12th release, John Talabot has shared another new exclusive track by one of his new projects Tempel Rytmik. "This is the exclusive track I produced with Alexander Berg from the mighty swedish duo Genius of Time. He's one of the most talented people I ever met and was a pleasure working in Berlin with him. Really looking forward to do some more tracks with him."
In advance of his DJ-Kicks' November 12th release, John Talabot has shared his exclusive new track "Without You," made specifically for the mix. Featuring a repeated vocal refrain drenched in reverb and razor sharp synthesizer flourishes, the track feels both fresh and classic. Keep your eye on this space for more new music from DJ-Kicks leading up to the release.
What more can we say, the girl's on fire! Having already placed highly with DJ-Kicks on year-end charts from NPR, Resident Advisor, Spin, Mixmag, LFTF & more, we've just learned that Maya Jane Coles' DJ-Kicks exclusive track "Not Listening" has taken "Best Underground Dance Track of 2012" at this year's WMC. We couldn't be happier! Congratulations Maya, and shout-out to all the DJs, editors, writers and fans who have supported her music.
We're now in week two of the 27!K7 Exclusives series, and are already feeling extremely lucky to have contributions from many of our favorite artists. This week's EP features a new collaborative track from Wolf + Lamb and Soul Clap. Ever since their amazing DJ-Kicks together, we've known that it's something special when these guys work together. The EP also includes a heavy new track from Berlin's Brandt Brauer Frick. Remember to check back each Tuesday through October 16th; we'll have more great music for you.
We've just shared one of two exclusive tracks from Hercules & Love Affair's tremendously fun DJ-Kicks. Haze Factory, who hail from Vienna, are currently working with Andy Butler on new Hercules material, so it's a safe bet that you'll be hearing more from them!
Digitalism's beast of a DJ-Kicks mix is out this week (friends in the States need to wait until July 10th) and you can hear it right now in it's entirety via Fact Magazine. In addition to great music from the likes of WhoMadeWho, Alex Gopher, Vitalic & more, the mix also includes a hefty batch of new Digitalism tracks that you can't get anywhere else, including an exclusive mix of The Rapture and a new edit of Gai Barone. The guys are still touring tirelessly, so don't miss a chance to see them if they come to your town, and enjoy the take-home version in the meantime!
When speaking with Jens Moelle and İsmail Tüfekçi, the two men behind Digitalism, we learned that they're really quite big fans of DJ-Kicks. Perhaps their love of the series explains why they dug so deep for their own mix, blessing us with a heap of exclusive, unreleased Digitalism material, as well as a new edit, a new remix, two "club weapons" which have appeared in their sets for years but have yet to see an official release, and of course a connoisseur's selection of tracks that give a window into their "sonic universe." We thought it was only fair to match the duo's generosity and offer a brand new track to download. Grab "A New Drug" below, and check out the full album tracklist. Digitalism's DJ-Kicks will be available July 10th on CD, LP & digital download, and the group will be touring internationally in support of the release. Tracklist
01. AXEL LE BARON & KURBATOV - MENACE (ORIGINAL MIX) 02. SURRENDER ! - TRAVELLERS (SHAROOZ REMIX) 03. HEY TODAY! - 83 04. ALEX GOPHER - BRAIN LEECH 05. TWR72 - SUMMER 06. DIGITALISM - FALLIN * 07. GAI BARONE - ALICUDI (DIGITALISM ELECTRO CLASH EDIT) * 08. DIGITALISM - SIMPLY DEAD * 09. WHOMADEWHO - THE SUN 10. KÖLSCH - LORELEY 11. GRAUZONE - RAUM (ATA'S EXTENDED MIX) 12. TOMAS BARFOD - CAME TO PARTY 13. DIGITALISM - A NEW DRUG * 14. DIGITALISM - SILENZ * 15. HIROKI ESASHIKA - KAZANE 16. VITALIC - SECOND LIVES 17. DIGITALISM - SO TOTALLY GOOD * 18. HOUSEMEISTER - SOMMER 19. THE RAPTURE - SAIL AWAY (DIGITALISM REMIX) * 20. THE SNEEKERS - TEDDY (ORIGINAL MIX) 21. AUTOTUNE - KEEP IT WRONG 22. DIGITALISM - THE PICTURES * * = DJ-Kicks exclusive LP Tracklist A1. DIGITALISM - FALLING A2. GAI BARONE - ALICUDI (DIGITALISM ELECTRO CLASH EDIT) B1. DIGITALISM - SIMPLY DEAD B2. DIGITALISM - A NEW DRUG C1. DIGITALISM - SO TOTALLY GOOD C2. DIGITALISM - SILENZ D1. THE RAPTURE - SAIL AWAY (DIGITALISM REMIX) D2. DIGITALISM - THE PICTURES
Dubspot is a digital production school in New York and LA specializing in arming the next generation of producers with the tools they'll need to create incredible music. They caught up with Photek in SXSW this year to speak about his first music-making set-up, his advice to up-and-coming producers, and his DJ-Kicks mix.
Maya Jane Coles' DJ-Kicks is out this week, and she's still on an incredible run! In the short time since we last touted her accomplishments, she's been named one of five Best New Artists for April by Spin Magazine, and been honored as Artist of the Year by Beatport's staff. All in a month's work, we suppose. We managed to grab some time out of Maya's insane schedule to speak in London about the mix, and her philosophy on making music. Check out the video (directed by Giorgio Gremigni) below, and below that you can grab an exclusive new Maya production from the mix. The whole mix is available from fine retailers worldwide.